Friday, May 17, 2013

A “Spaghetti With Egg, Bacon, And Mushroom” Recipe Plus A “Chocolate Pistachio Loaf” For Dessert

How do you know you spend much too much time on the computer? When you sit at your desk and realize that you are looking at your screen and your computer is not turned on. Well, I wouldn’t say that I did that, but I had major technical problems with my PC tower this week. I had to call the “Computer Dr” and he took the tower away to be fixed and cleaned. As he was taking it away from my house, I felt like I had just sent my son to school for the first time. I know that in this age of technology there are so many ways to connect to the internet. I do have a Kindle so I was able to check my social media accounts which were a plus. You don’t realize that when you loose this form of communicating it is very strange. I do not own a smart phone or an iPad at this time so I really count on my PC to work on. I was without its use for three days and now as of today my computer is tucked back in its cabinet ready for me to use again. I am not a slave to the PC or addicted to it, but I know you must be saying only three days, but those three days seemed like more than a week. Even though I use my computer to write and work on my blogs etc., I did realize that I have to set some boundaries.

Here are some tips if you find that you are spending too much time on the computer. If your hands start to hurt, you feel tired, dizzy and sick. If your eyes hurt and you are seeing double. Take a break and go outside for a while. Do something different, a hobby or read a book. Sometimes you may even need a clock to time you on the computer. Take a break; you can always go back later on. I will definitely use these tips, see if you can.


While I was without the computer, I realized I needed to do something constructive. So, I cooked and baked which is a big passion of mine as you, my readers know. What a wonderful time I had spending in my kitchen and using my talents at the stove. A brilliant way to take a break from the computer and tasty as well. So here are two recipes this week for you to try. The first one is a delectable entrée called “Spaghetti with Egg, Bacon, and Mushrooms” and the next recipe is a moist luscious dessert called a “Chocolate Pistachio Loaf”. I hope that you enjoy these recipes and try something different other than your computer, take a break, maybe a walk in this lovely Spring weather.

Spaghetti With Egg, Bacon And Mushroom


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people

Ingredients:
2 oz of unsalted butter
8 oz of sliced mushrooms
4 oz of bacon, sliced in bite sized pieces
10 oz of spaghetti
Salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped finely
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
2 oz of Pecorino Romano grated cheese

Directions:
Melt half the butter in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and bacon. Cook for 10 minutes over a moderate heat, until the bacon is crisp. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in lots of boiling water until tender but still firm. (about 10 minutes) Drain and return to the pan. Add the rest of the butter, salt, pepper, mushroom, and bacon. Toss together. Serve with the hard boiled eggs sprinkled on top add parsley if desired. Serve grated Pecorino Romano cheese separately.

“Chocolate Pistachio Loaf”


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours
Oven Temp: 350° F
Makes: 1 pound loaf

Ingredients:
4 oz of self raising flour
4 oz of unsalted butter
2 oz of sugar
2 oz of plain chocolate, chopped
2 oz of pistachio nuts, chopped
1 oz of ground almonds
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk

Icing:
6 oz of plain chocolate, chopped or grated
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
Grease and line a 1 pound loaf pan with parchment paper. Put all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until they are mixed well. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 1/4 hours or until cooked. Turn the cake out of the pan and leave to cool on a wire rack. To make the icing, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water; beat the butter into the chocolate and pour evenly over the cake. Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.
   

Till Next Time……………………………..

Copyright © 2013 “Family Plus Food Equals Love” All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment